"mainArray":
[
{"name":"MS","value":20},
{"name":"MC","value":20},
{"name":"CF","value":20},
{"name":"ST"},
{"name":"CMR","value":20}
]

-- i am currently using the search as " | spath output=code path=mainArray{}.name | spath output=cnt path=mainArray{}.value | table code,cnt"

and the output i see is as :

code cnt
MS 20
MC 20
CF 20
ST 20
CMR

The Expected Output is:

code cnt
MS 20
MC 20
CF 20
ST

CMR 20

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try like this (runanywhere sample. Everything before | rex command is for generating sample data, replace that with your base search.

| gentimes start=-1 | eval _raw="{\"mainArray\":
[
 {\"name\":\"MS\",\"value\":20},
 {\"name\":\"MC\",\"value\":20},
 {\"name\":\"CF\",\"value\":20},
 {\"name\":\"ST\"},
 {\"name\":\"CMR\",\"value\":20}
]}" | table _raw 
| rex mode=sed "s/(\"name\":\"[^\"]+\")\}/\1,\"value\":\"NA\"}/g" | spath  | spath output=code path=mainArray{}.name | spath output=cnt path=mainArray{}.value | table code,cnt

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try like this (runanywhere sample. Everything before | rex command is for generating sample data, replace that with your base search.

| gentimes start=-1 | eval _raw="{\"mainArray\":
[
 {\"name\":\"MS\",\"value\":20},
 {\"name\":\"MC\",\"value\":20},
 {\"name\":\"CF\",\"value\":20},
 {\"name\":\"ST\"},
 {\"name\":\"CMR\",\"value\":20}
]}" | table _raw 
| rex mode=sed "s/(\"name\":\"[^\"]+\")\}/\1,\"value\":\"NA\"}/g" | spath  | spath output=code path=mainArray{}.name | spath output=cnt path=mainArray{}.value | table code,cnt

sasamudr

Thanks a lot @ somesoni2. i was able to use your regex with sed to make the null event as NA and it worked perfectly.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...