Splunk Search

multiple searches combine into one report

ajromero
Path Finder

I have 3 reports that I want to put into one report, here is my search

sourcetype=MSExchange:*:MessageTracking source_id=SMTP (event_id=RECEIVE) user_bunit=Energy recipient_domain="IID.com"
| stats count as RECEIVE by recipient
|append
[search sourcetype=MSExchange:*:MessageTracking source_id=SMTP (event_id=SEND) user_bunit=Energy recipient_domain="IID.com" | stats count as SEND by recipient]
|table recipient, SEND, RECEIVE

The data I get is only the recipient and RECEIVE data, it does not display the SEND information

what  I missing here

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It seems like the answer should be clear, but I'm drawing a blank ATM.  Try this variant, instead.  BTW, you said 3 searches, but the query only does 2.

sourcetype=MSExchange:*:MessageTracking source_id=SMTP (event_id=RECEIVE OR event_id=SEND) user_bunit=Energy recipient_domain="IID.com"
| stats sum(eval(event_id=RECEIVE)) as RECEIVE, sum(eval(event_id=SEND)) by recipient

This should run faster since it only makes one pass through the index (which you should specify). 

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It seems like the answer should be clear, but I'm drawing a blank ATM.  Try this variant, instead.  BTW, you said 3 searches, but the query only does 2.

sourcetype=MSExchange:*:MessageTracking source_id=SMTP (event_id=RECEIVE OR event_id=SEND) user_bunit=Energy recipient_domain="IID.com"
| stats sum(eval(event_id=RECEIVE)) as RECEIVE, sum(eval(event_id=SEND)) by recipient

This should run faster since it only makes one pass through the index (which you should specify). 

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

alonsocaio
Contributor

Hi,

Could you please provide a sample of your logs?

Based on the fields described in your search I created a sample file and could reach the results using the following query:

index=... source_id=SMTP (event_id=RECEIVE) user_bunit=Energy recipient_domain="IID.com" 
| stats count as RECEIVE by recipient 
| append
    [ search index=... source_id=SMTP (event_id=SEND) user_bunit=Energy recipient_domain="IID.com" 
    | stats count as SEND by recipient] 
| stats values(SEND) as SEND, values(RECEIVE) as RECEIVE by recipient

The was my output:

alonsocaio_0-1592871009955.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...