Splunk Search

(makecontinuous 2D x=0-9 y=0-9) Are there any built-in commands to support this?

hylam
Contributor

One way is to loop thru 0-99 and mod. Are there any built-in command to support this?

EDIT1
use case: I want to fill the missing cells
| makeresults count=100 | streamstats current=f count | eval row=floor(count/10) | eval col=count%10 | chart sum(count) by row col

alt text

Tags (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I do not at all understand what you are asking however it appears to me that you have a solution that works, but is too cumbersome for your taste. In such cases, I create a macro to abstract away the complications and let users see "a built-in command" instead of a long string of SPL:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/Search/Usesearchmacros

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It could be helpful to have a use case for this or some objective you are trying to achieve. Someone may have an answer anyway, but I think if they don't then getting some idea of what use such a thing may be put to may get more answers.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...