Splunk Search

lookup access across non-clustered search heads

takashi6
Explorer

Hello experts and splunkers,

I have a splunk environment which consists of 2 Search Heads, which are not clustered - let's say SH1 and SH2, and 2 Indexers, which are clustered. (Please assume, due to an organisational reason, I can't cluster SH1 and SH2)

There is an existing app deployed in SH1 - let's say App1.

We are developing a new app in SH2 - let's say App2.

App1 has a lookup (let's say lookup1) and App2 in SH2 wants to use the lookup1.
I don't seem to be able to find a way to configure to enable App2 to access the lookup1.
Is it possible at all?

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If the lookup file is not on the local SH then no app can access it. You may want to set up a cron job to copy the lookup file between systems.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If the lookup file is not on the local SH then no app can access it. You may want to set up a cron job to copy the lookup file between systems.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

takashi6
Explorer

Thank you, @richgalloway for your input. I understand.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...