Splunk Search

local limits.conf not working for the specified span would result in too many (>50000) rows

jaideep_gaikwad
Engager

I have created a view for max transactions/second, I have a timechart with a 1 second span which counts transaction/second per day for given time range.

host="*" | transaction "TxId" startswith=("0051-Request") endswith=("0077-Response") | timechart span=1s count(TxId) as Transactions/Second | timechart span=1d max(Transactions/Second) as MAX_TRANSACTIONS/SEC by host

I already gone through and followed your instructions and modified limits.conf as follow but still getting result with "the specified span would result in too many (>50000) rows".

[searchresults]
maxresultrows = 100000

[anomalousvalue]
maxresultrows = 50000

[metadata]
maxresultrows = 10000

[rare]
maxresultrows = 50000

[restapi]
maxresultrows = 50000

enforce_time_order = true

[set]
maxresultrows = 50000

[stats]
maxresultrows = 50000

[top]
maxresultrows = 100000

Is there any other solution to count max transaction/sec or do I need to modify limits.conf with different values?

Please help me to solve this problem.

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Update another property in your limits.conf in etc/system/local

[discretize]
maxbins = 500000 

Basically both searchresults and discretize property needs to be updated with appropriate value, to increase limit of timechart.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...