Splunk Search

limits.conf modify time out search

splunkcol
Builder

I am performing a query to generate a chart.

The query time range is the previous 7 days, when I use this time range I get the error message that I attach, but when I lower the time to 5 or 4 days if I get the information.

By discard it is because of the time it is taking, I don't know if I'm wrong but there is some configuration that limits a maximum time in seconds until it generates a take out or cancels it splunk.

Someone suggested that I review the limits.conf file, but when I review the documentation, I don't see which stanza I should modify.

I appreciate if someone can guide me

splunkcol_0-1613750317894.png

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.1.2/Admin/Limitsconf#.5Bsearch.5D

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

tscroggins
Influencer

@splunkcol 

If your search is auto-finalizing before it completes, you'll need to adjust srchMaxTime for your role in authorize.conf. Also review srchTimeWin (maximum time range), srchDiskQuota, and other role-based limits, depending on the errors/messages shown.

View solution in original post

tscroggins
Influencer

@splunkcol 

If your search is auto-finalizing before it completes, you'll need to adjust srchMaxTime for your role in authorize.conf. Also review srchTimeWin (maximum time range), srchDiskQuota, and other role-based limits, depending on the errors/messages shown.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...