Splunk Search

inputcsv join results to a search

ccsfdave
Builder

Greetings,

I know I must be close but missing something with this.

I have a CSV containing Group_Name which are VPN groups. I want to take that list of about 185 groups and use them to search our Cisco ASA for which groups are being used over a time period.

I have a form that does this one by one with the search to grab all the groups as:

|inputcsv ASA_VPN_Groups.csv | fields Group_Name

and the search to count the number of times accessed over the period as:

index=index01 VPN_Group=$Group_Name$ |timechart count(_raw) as num |stats sum(num)

Now I want to put them together into a table that will show me each group and how many times it has been used over the time period

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Dave

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

LIke this:

index=index01 [|inputcsv ASA_VPN_Groups.csv | rename Group_Name AS VPN_Group | fields VPN_Group] | timechart count(_raw) AS num BY VPN_Group

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

LIke this:

index=index01 [|inputcsv ASA_VPN_Groups.csv | rename Group_Name AS VPN_Group | fields VPN_Group] | timechart count(_raw) AS num BY VPN_Group

ccsfdave
Builder

Hmm, that just gives me the total number of times the VPN has been accessed (I assume by all groups).

Maybe I wasn't clear, I would like a table with groups and times accessed e.g.:

Group 1 --- 210
Group 2 --- 51
Group 3 --- 0
Group 4 --- 75
etc.

Thanks!

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Sorry, original answer re-edited.

0 Karma

ccsfdave
Builder

OK! Now I am getting some groups to show as columns in a table with daily counts however, after 5 groups it is lumping the rest into "Other".

Also is there a way to not show daily but just the cumulative number of all days AND put the groups down the vertical as Rows?

See my ASCII "art" above 😉

Thanks so much!

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

index=index01 [|inputcsv ASA_VPN_Groups.csv | rename Group_Name AS VPN_Group | fields VPN_Group] | stats count(_raw) AS num BY VPN_Group

ccsfdave
Builder

You got it!

Thanks so much!!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...