Splunk Search

i want to cut all the words after Modified at first present. i used the command its only cutting Modified value others are still presents. | rex field=ER mode=sed "s/Modified\S+//g "

DataOrg
Builder

Extesnded value Associaated With destiny: "LineIces" - "Actio1n Cod2e"; Modified: Extends Aribute - "Action"; Old Value = "Add"; New Value = "-" Modified

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

| rex field=ER mode=sed "s/Modified\S+.*$//g "

But maybe the \S should be \s so try this if that doesn't work:

| rex field=ER mode=sed "s/Modified\s+.*$//g "

Or maybe actually this:

| rex field=ER mode=sed "s/Modified:\s+.*$//g "

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

| rex field=ER mode=sed "s/Modified\S+.*$//g "

But maybe the \S should be \s so try this if that doesn't work:

| rex field=ER mode=sed "s/Modified\s+.*$//g "

Or maybe actually this:

| rex field=ER mode=sed "s/Modified:\s+.*$//g "

abhinav_maxonic
Path Finder

Can you provide a sample, what the event is and what you want to extract out of that event ?

0 Karma

DataOrg
Builder

i want to cut\remove all the character when "Modified" is Present.

EX : Extesnded value Associaated With destiny: "LineIces" - "Actio1n Cod2e"; Modified: Extends Aribute - "Action"; Old Value = "Add"; New Value = "-" Modified

0 Karma

abhinav_maxonic
Path Finder

So if there is field A . When word "Modified" in NOT present in the event, value of A="Add" and when word "Modified" is present is the event, value of A="-" . Is this what you want ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...