Splunk Search

how to list out all the scheduled searches and macros which contain an event type named "ABC"?

pavanae
Builder

Is there any way or workaround to list out all the saved/scheduled searches in which it contains an eventtype named "ABC" in its search body?

I am trying to test the impact of newly modified event types and its dependency in any current running search..

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this

| rest /servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches splunk_server=local | search search="*eventtype=ABC*" | table title search eai:acl.owner eai:acl.app | rename eai:acl.* as *
0 Karma

harshal_chakran
Builder

Well, this worked for me.
Do check if you have not missed the "" , i.e. `|search search="*eventtype=ABC"`

For macro, try the following:

| rest /servicesNS/-/-/admin/macros splunk_server=local |search definition="*eventtype=ABC*"| table title definition
0 Karma

pavanae
Builder

The search resulted no results....It worked untill rest /servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches splunk_server=local but it didnt worked with the | search search="eventtype=ABC"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...