Splunk Search

how to link search query from Dashboard to search tab which is having variables

rkishoreqa
Communicator

I build a query to fetch the long running jobs in Dashboard like as below. Here the $Time$ is a token which was selected from dropdown menu in that panel.  

> | rex field=_raw "ApplicationName:\s+\[(?P<Applname>.*)];" |rex field=_raw "jobId: (?<jId>\w+);" | stats earliest(_time) as start latest(_time) as end by jId,sourcetype | eval diff=end-start |eval LB=$Time$*60 | eval UB=$Time$+1*60 | stats count(eval((diff> LB) AND (diff<UP))) as count|stats count

In dashboard it is showing some numbers (3 long running jobs). But when I clicked on that number it is going to the search tab with below query and not fetching any results.

> | rex field=_raw "ApplicationName:\s+\[(?P<Applname>.*)];" | rex field=_raw "jobId: (?<jId>\w+);" | stats earliest(_time) as start latest(_time) as end by jId,sourcetype | eval diff=end-start | eval LB=5*60 | eval UB=5+1*60 | stats count(eval((diff> LB) AND (diff<UB))) as count

But when I change the 'eval LB=5*60 | eval UB=5+1*60'  to     'eval LB=300 | eval UB=360' it is fetching the results. 
Here I am confused, is this right approach or not. Can anyone suggest me on this.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @rkishoreqa, $Time$ token is processed as string, that is UB and LB fields become string. 

Please try as below;

| rex field=_raw "ApplicationName:\s+\[(?P<Applname>.*)];" |rex field=_raw "jobId: (?<jId>\w+);" | stats earliest(_time) as start latest(_time) as end by jId,sourcetype | eval diff=end-start |eval LB=tonumber($Time$)*60 | eval UB=tonumber($Time$)+1*60 | stats count(eval((diff> LB) AND (diff<UP))) as count

If this reply helps you an upvote is appreciated.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

View solution in original post

rkishoreqa
Communicator

Thanks Scelikok
it is working but I changed little bit -  tonumber($Time$+1)*60

0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @rkishoreqa, $Time$ token is processed as string, that is UB and LB fields become string. 

Please try as below;

| rex field=_raw "ApplicationName:\s+\[(?P<Applname>.*)];" |rex field=_raw "jobId: (?<jId>\w+);" | stats earliest(_time) as start latest(_time) as end by jId,sourcetype | eval diff=end-start |eval LB=tonumber($Time$)*60 | eval UB=tonumber($Time$)+1*60 | stats count(eval((diff> LB) AND (diff<UP))) as count

If this reply helps you an upvote is appreciated.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...