Splunk Search

how to get the count of different ErrorID's from application log

iqbalintouch
Path Finder

Hello splunk users,

Can someone help me with a solution? I am running my base search query to see the error in response, but the error id coming in the response is not showing as a field so I am not able to generate a timechard for all the different errors/error id's.

I need your help on this, since I am very weak in using rex command I can't think a solution at my own:

Base search query:-   ("Unexpected partner error.." OR "Timeout occurred waiting for response from Fulfillment - java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out") GenerateBookingResponse ERROR source="/var/log/myapp/electronic-purchase-service/electronic-purchase-service.log"

Below is the sample of error response. Every error is having a unique errorid associated with it:

2019-01-10 19:39:21.454 [https-jsse-nio-8080-exec-10] [hdhdhda704-4444-44a1-bbbb-52857lllcd1d] INFO  EndpointLogger - endpoint=my-endpoint; operation=createOrder; duration=4517, response=<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap:Body><ns3:GenerateBookingResponse xmlns:ns1="urn:myworld:dom:common:defn:v1" xmlns:ns10="urn:myworld:dm:hhhhh:hhhhh:define:v1" xmlns:ns11="urn:myworld:dom:supply:messages:defn:v1" xmlns:ns12="urn:myworld:dom:vvvv:datatype:define:v1" xmlns:ns13="urn:myworld:c3:data:placetypes:defn:v4" xmlns:ns14="urn:myworld:c3:data:messagetypes:defn:v5" xmlns:ns2="urn:myworld:ddom:datatype:define:v1" xmlns:ns3="urn:myworld:dom:order:messages:v1" xmlns:ns4="urn:myworld:ord:order:persisttypes:v2" xmlns:ns5="urn:myworld:c3:data:financetypes:define:v5" xmlns:ns6="urn:myworld:c3:data:financetypes:defn:v4" xmlns:ns7="urn:myworld:c3:data:basetypes:defn:v4" xmlns:ns8="urn:myworld:c3:data:timetypes:define:v4"><ns1:MessageInfo CreateDateTime="2019-01-10T19:39:16.935-07:00" MessageGUID=“0102037-048a-49a9-08u5-2222ba059e2a" TransactionGUID=“11111111-ac11-1a11-22d7-eb1a2c333333><ns1:DebugTraceBoolean>false</ns1:DebugTraceBoolean></ns1:MessageInfo><ns1:MessageStatus><ns1:Status>Failure</ns1:Status><ns1:ErrorList><ns1:Error><ns1:MessageTransactionInfo><ns1:Category>ExternalError</ns1:Category><ns1:Code>0000</ns1:Code><ns1:Description>Unexpected partner error..</ns1:Description><ns1:Namespace>urn:myworld:c3:ss:electronic:digitalinterface:purchasecommontypes:define:v2</ns1:Namespace><ns1:ExternalErrorList><ns1:ExternalError><ns1:ExternalErrorID>10007</ns1:ExternalErrorID><ns1:ExternalErrorDescription>Unexpected partner error..</ns1:ExternalErrorDescription></ns1:ExternalError></ns1:ExternalErrorList></ns1:MessageTransactionInfo></ns1:Error></ns1:ErrorList></ns1:MessageStatus><ns1:MobileOrderProcessRelationNO>ab7cdc43-f8a6-4cdf-0000-33t4f530u65a</ns1:MobileOrderProcessRelationNO></ns3:GenerateBookingResponse></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

I need to generate a timechart based on the error or error ID.

thanks a lot in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

| xmlkv
| stats count by ns1:ExternalErrorID

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

| xmlkv
| stats count by ns1:ExternalErrorID

iqbalintouch
Path Finder

@ITWhisperer hi,

this worked, thank you. Can I use this anywhere, if error log are similar?

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, xmlkv does exactly that. The xmlkv command automatically extracts key-value pairs from XML-formatted data

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.6/SearchReference/Xmlkv

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...