Splunk Search

how to fix " app not found" issue

kteng2024
Path Finder

Hi,

Whenever log into the splunk , i am getting " app not found" error . can i please know how to keep "searching and reporting" as default.

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

From the top right menu items, click on dropdown by your User name, and select Edit Account. On your user account page, update the Default app to searchand click on Save.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sushobhita

I am getting "App not found" error when trying to access the dashboard ,however i have given share globally as its permission.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This question is nearly 2 years old with an accepted answer so it is essentially "closed". Please submit a new question.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

ejmin
Path Finder

Another method to avoid this problem is to verify all permissions of the app including the views in Settings>User Interface>Views and your created app in Manage>Your app>Permission also check your account permission and roles to make sure you are accessing the app correctly

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

From the top right menu items, click on dropdown by your User name, and select Edit Account. On your user account page, update the Default app to searchand click on Save.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...