Splunk Search

how to do append after a |stats sum(fields)

dtccsundar
Path Finder

Hi,

Below is my search ,

index=aa sourcetype=bb|stats sum(CountOf_True) as True sum(CountOf_false) as false|table True  False |eval comp="Test1"

|append [|search index=cc sourcetype=dd|eval comp="Test2"]

|eventstats count as total_count by comp
|stats count(eval(Status=="True")) as True count(eval(Status=="False")) as False count(eval(Status=="Error")) as "Error" count(eval(Status=="Excluded")) as "Excluded" max(total_count) as total by comp
|eval "True %"=round((('True'+'Excluded')/total*100),2)
|eval "False %"=round((('False'+'Error')/total*100),2)

| sort sort_field |fields - sort_field
|table Comp "True %" "False %"

The result which is get is ,

Comp            True %      False %

Test1              0                 0

Test2             93.00        7.00

I have to get the actual % for Test1 too .  Iam getting "0 " .Not sure my append is wrong with stats Sum() .

Please can any one give me right way to get the values for the above search .

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This line:

index=aa sourcetype=bb|stats sum(CountOf_True) as True sum(CountOf_false) as false|table True  False |eval comp="Test1"

will give you True False and comp fields

This line

|stats count(eval(Status=="True")) as True count(eval(Status=="False")) as False count(eval(Status=="Error")) as "Error" count(eval(Status=="Excluded")) as "Excluded" max(total_count) as total by comp

is based on the value of Status - this no longer exists for comp="Test1" which is why you are getting zeroes

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This line:

will give you True False and comp fields

This line

is based on the value of Status - this no longer exists for comp="Test1" which is why you are getting zeroes

dtccsundar
Path Finder

Thank you ITWhisperer

Is there a way to achieve this ? Whether i can create a new field Status and bring the values into that field ?

Please tell me if there a way available to do this too.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this

index=aa sourcetype=bb|stats sum(CountOf_True) as True sum(CountOf_false) as false|table True  False |eval comp="Test1"

|append [|search index=cc sourcetype=dd
|stats count(eval(Status=="True" OR Status=="Excluded")) as True count(eval(Status=="False" OR Status=="Error")) as False 
|eval comp="Test2"]

|eval total_count=True+False

|eval "True %"=round(100*True/total_count,2)
|eval "False %"=round(100*False/total_count,2)

|table comp "True %" "False %"

dtccsundar
Path Finder

Thank you .This works great !!

0 Karma

dtccsundar
Path Finder

Following this , i am in need of a column which should show barchart  for (False %  and True%) each comp values .

Ex :

Comp   True%   False%   Barchart

Test1     55            45         corresponding % bar chart

Test2     66            34         corresponding % bar chart

This is the requirement from client, Can you help me please .

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...