Splunk Search

how to display only those rows with a particular value in a particular value using |table command

sh254087
Communicator

I am applying few conditions and logic to come up with values for different fields. I'm then displaying them using teh table command, like -
| table field1 field2 field3 etc

I now want to display this table with a condition like the table should display only those rows where a field has a particular value. Ex - Display only those rows where field2="testvaluexyz". something like - SELECT FIELD1, FIELD2, FIELD3 FROM TABLE1 WHERE FIELD2="testvaluexyz"

I'm trying with the below command after table command and getting any result.
|fields - field2| where field2 != "testvaluexyz"

I can guess this may not be the right way. Can someone please help achieve this?

0 Karma
1 Solution

sh254087
Communicator

Just after posting this I got this resolved. Just came across an other question on the forum where someone had made a comparison(not similar to my problem but it helped) using ==, the opposite of how I was trying. Instead of removing fields which is having values not matching with my value, this would display only those rows with the values which would match my value. Somehow I did not think this way.

So the solution is (as simple as)-
| table field1 field2 field3
| where field2 == "testvaluexyz"

I probably did not know how all I could use the where condition! Lesson learned. 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...