Splunk Search

how to cancel the monitoring job

johnsmithcy
Path Finder

i am new to splunk. I have created a job to monitoring localhost performance. How can I delete the monitoring job and find the monitoring job I have created?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

johnsmithcy
Path Finder

Yes. My question should be "how to cancel the data source"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bpadmanbhachari
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

if you want to stop the monitoring from the source >> On forwarder >> check for the monitoring stanza you have set under "inputs.conf" and disable it by giving disabled = 1 for that particular input alone, so that it will stop monitoring the inputs.

johnsmithcy
Path Finder

Yes. My question should be "how to cancel the data source"

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

may we know if you have splunk admin access or user access? when you click "settings" --> under KNOWLEDGE select "Searches, reports, and alerts"... then you can search with the name of your monitoring job, then, you can disable or delete it.

As you are a new user to Splunk Answers, you can upvote the answers/comments,
if this answer resolved your query, you can select this answer and "accept" it as the answer, so that this question will be moved to answered queue. Happy Splunking!

0 Karma

johnsmithcy
Path Finder

I cant't find the monitoring job in "Searches, reports, and alerts". The job is about the CPU monitoring.
But I can find some of them in event type

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

when you select "Searches, reports, and alerts",...there are 3 more tabs... "Type", "App", "Filter by Owner". did you select them appropriately?

0 Karma

johnsmithcy
Path Finder

the source keep fetching data.... it is about cpu monitoring. Where can I cancel the source?

0 Karma

johnsmithcy
Path Finder

i select all for all 3 tabs, but I still can't find it.But I can find some of them in event type

0 Karma

johnsmithcy
Path Finder

I added the monitoring by "add data" --> "monitor"
Is there any user guide to teach me the basics of splunk

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...