Splunk Search

how do i get a list of all searches performed in splunk?

ytl
Path Finder

can someone help me with a query to provide me a table of _time, user, search string of all queries performed in splunk please?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

MuS
Legend

Hi ytl,

you need to have read access to index=_audit and run something like this:

index=_audit action=search info=granted search=* NOT "search_id='scheduler" NOT "search='|history" NOT "user=splunk-system-user" NOT "search='typeahead" NOT "search='| metadata type=* | search totalCount>0" | stats count by user search _time | sort _time | convert ctime(_time) | stats list(_time) as time list(search) as search by user

if this does not match your needs, adapt this search.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
Legend

Hi ytl,

you need to have read access to index=_audit and run something like this:

index=_audit action=search info=granted search=* NOT "search_id='scheduler" NOT "search='|history" NOT "user=splunk-system-user" NOT "search='typeahead" NOT "search='| metadata type=* | search totalCount>0" | stats count by user search _time | sort _time | convert ctime(_time) | stats list(_time) as time list(search) as search by user

if this does not match your needs, adapt this search.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

MuS
Legend

as addition:

If you're on Splunk 6.x you can open this URL and get the same:

http[s]://YourSplunkServerName:YourSplunkWebPort/app/search/status_index

nawazns5038
Builder

how to exclude the searches obtained from a dashboard ?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@nawazns5038, if your intent is to find only the searches which are run through Splunk UI, you can try the following:

index=_audit action=search info=granted search=* NOT "search_id='scheduler" NOT "search='|history" NOT "user=splunk-system-user" NOT "search='typeahead" NOT "search='| metadata type=sourcetypes | search totalCount > 0"
| stats count by _time user search savedsearch_name  
| where savedsearch_name=""
| fields - savedsearch_name

PS: savedsearch_name will be given to saved searches and dashboard searches not for the searches run via UI.

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...