Splunk Search

how can i change transposed table content ?

sfatnass
Contributor

hi i have a table using transpose to show result.

column | row 1

field1 | value1
field2 | value2
field3 | value3
field4 | value4

how can i use a render if i want to change only value3 by icon.

thx

Tags (3)
0 Karma

sfatnass
Contributor

the icon i need to insert is a country flag.
for exemple :

value3 = US
so i the icon of USA will be added
i have a list of flag country based on ISO 3166-1.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi sfatnass,
I'm not sure to have understood your question: do you want to have an icon instead value not for all rows but only for one?
I'm not sure that it's possible, you can substitute all the values of a column with different icons based on range values.

I suggest to download Splunk Dashboard Examples 6.0 App (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/), there is an example (Table Icon Set (Rangemap)) for your need.

Every way to change values of a column with icons you have to use rengemap command (| rangemap field=Total severe=0-0 low=1-1000000000 default=severe) and add two files to you App:

• table_icons_rangemap.js,
  • table_decorations.css.

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The only way is to create your own js and css.
You can use the example I described below as a starting point.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

sfatnass
Contributor

i know i should to create my own css and javascript but i can't change the other values.
and how what i insert into my javascript and css?
i look about rangemap javascript but this example don't help me to change only value3.
the content of value1 to valueN shouldn't change this is my problem and don't forget i have a search with a command |transpose

also the rangemap accept numeric value for range, and the content of value3 is alphabetic.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...