Splunk Search

highest event count in given time frame per seconds

ronport2020

I'm trying to do the following search based on my index 'transactions' and field name called 'customers' for a custom time range

Top 10 highest historical peak rates averaged over the following intervals (1 sec, 10 sec, 60 sec, 5 min)

Top 10 highest daily transaction counts

Labels (2)
0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| bin span=1s _time 
| stats count by _time
| stats max(count) as "winner winner chicken dinner"

That's probably your basic need right there.  Change "span=..." to whatever you need.  'count' is probably what you want to use for the counts, but the peak rates - you don't tell us how those even might be calculated. It might be "max(fieldname)" or something else. 

Note, I think by second probably isn't gonna be a very fast thing to do over a longer period of time.  There are 86,400 if those it'll calculate every day...

Report acceleration may help, and/or building a data model and accelerating that.  Or using tstats if they're indexed fields you are fiddling with.  Lastly, this might actually be a good use for using a summary index.

All of those things are easily able to be found with a search of (using google syntax, but I think most search engines follow that?) 'Splunk report acceleration site:docs.splunk.com' (obviously, change the keywords in there).

Happy Splunking,

Rich

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...