Splunk Search

help to exclude weekend events in a timechart

jip31
Motivator

hello

in the search below which displays a timechart, I stats events except the weekend 

these search displays events on the last 5 days

what I would like to do in my timechart is to not display the line chart for saturday and sunday because they are equal to 0

So for example, instead having wenesday, thursday, friday, saturday and sunday in the timechart, I need to display wenesday,,  thursday, friday, monday and tuesday (5 days)

is it possible to do this please??

`CPU` 
| bin _time span=5h
| eval slottime = strftime(_time, "%H%M") 
| eval week =strftime(_time, "%w") 
| where (slottime >= 900 AND slottime <= 1700) AND (week >=1 AND week <=5)
| eval cpu_range=case(process_cpu_used_percent>0 AND process_cpu_used_percent <=20,"0-20",
    process_cpu_used_percent>20 AND process_cpu_used_percent <=40,"20-40",
    process_cpu_used_percent>40 AND process_cpu_used_percent <=60,"40-60",
    process_cpu_used_percent>60 AND process_cpu_used_percent <=80,"60-80",
    process_cpu_used_percent>80 AND process_cpu_used_percent <=100,"80-100") 
| stats avg(process_cpu_used_percent) as process_cpu_used_percent by host, _time, cpu_range, SITE
| timechart span=1d dc(host) by cpu_range

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am not quite sure what you are trying to do here since you have a 5 hour span and a 1 day span. The 5h span will snap the _time to the start of the current hour, then 5 hours before that, and 5 hours before that, and so on. Since there are 24 hours in a day, you will have different hours for different days. Having said that, the chart will use the fact that you are using _time and try to be helpful by filling in the missing days. To get around this, you can evaluate another field that just has the date in as a string and use that as your base

| bin span=1d _time | eval date=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%d") | chart ... by date ...

0 Karma

aasabatini
Motivator

Hi @jip31 

Try this two options:

`CPU` 
| date_wday!=saturday date_wday!=sunday
| bin span=1d _time
| eval cpu_range=case(process_cpu_used_percent>0 AND process_cpu_used_percent <=20,"0-20",
    process_cpu_used_percent>20 AND process_cpu_used_percent <=40,"20-40",
    process_cpu_used_percent>40 AND process_cpu_used_percent <=60,"40-60",
    process_cpu_used_percent>60 AND process_cpu_used_percent <=80,"60-80",
    process_cpu_used_percent>80 AND process_cpu_used_percent <=100,"80-100") 
| stats avg(process_cpu_used_percent) as process_cpu_used_percent by host, _time, cpu_range, SITE
| chart dc(host) by cpu_range _time

OR

| your time chart search | eval date_wday=lower(strftime(_time,"%A")) |where NOT (date_wday=saturday OR date_wday=sunday) | fields - date_wday

I hope it can help you

“The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.”
0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

thanks but I don't understand everything

as you can see below I already exclude events which ocured the weekend

| eval slottime = strftime(_time, "%H%M") 
| eval week =strftime(_time, "%w") 
| where (slottime >= 900 AND slottime <= 1700) AND (week >=1 AND week <=5) 

so your code  seems to do the same things

if you look the attachment below, I dont want to display the sunday because there is no data collect for this days so it"s normal that all the timechart lines are equal to 0

what I would like to do, it's just to display in my timechart, it's the result for the last 5 opened days 

https://www.cjoint.com/c/KDjqTqVupUg

But the problem is on my x axis. I will always the weekend displayed even if I exclude the weekend events in my search like in the exemple you sent me

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...