| table SITE

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

okay. I believe there is an Item ABCD in your SITE field and you would want to rename it to AB. if is that what you are looking for then use below:

| inputlookup fo_all 
| stats count by SITE
| fields SITE 
| eval SITE=if(SITE=="ABCD","AB",SITE)
————————————
If this helps, give a like below.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| inputlookup fo_all  
| fields SITE # you are limiting fields to one field SITE, from here on you will have only one field.
| dedup SITE 
| rename "ABCD" as "AB" # you are trying to rename field ABCD to AB which you don't have at this moment. 
| table SITE
————————————
Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Rename is for field names. You have reduced your fields to just SITE. There is no field ABCD for you to rename as AB. What is it you are trying to do?

0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

Hi I need to rename the items of the field SITE

Tags (1)
0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

okay. I believe there is an Item ABCD in your SITE field and you would want to rename it to AB. if is that what you are looking for then use below:

| inputlookup fo_all 
| stats count by SITE
| fields SITE 
| eval SITE=if(SITE=="ABCD","AB",SITE)
————————————
0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

thanks it works

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jip31 

What @thambisetty  has suggested works fine for ABCD "renamed" to AB but I suspect this is just example data and what you want is something more generic, perhaps substr() or replace() might be more useful, you may want to consider using case() and match() to do different "renames"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...