Splunk Search

[help]Get the time duration within a specific start and end value?

cheriemilk
Path Finder

Hi team,

I have below data in splunk.

cheriemilk_2-1629794660001.png

And I want to get the time duration when below range.

ACT start with "AUTOSAVEFORM_trigReq_AutoSaveForm", and end with "AUTOSAVEFORM_after_sendReques"

I have tried below queries , but it doesn;t return the correct result.

Spoiler

index=*bizx_application AND sourcetype=perf_log_bizx AND PID="PM_REVIEW" AND PLV=EVENT AND ACT="AUTOSAVEFORM_*"  AND C_ACTV="*commentEdit*" OR ACT="*SendRequest"
|reverse
| transaction CMID SID UID startswith="AUTOSAVEFORM_trigReq_AutoSaveForm" endswith="AUTOSAVEFORM_after_sendRequest"
| table _time duration eventcount

Can anyone pease help provide a solution?

Labels (7)
0 Karma

cheriemilk
Path Finder

i get expected result by below query:

index=*bizx_application AND sourcetype=perf_log_bizx AND PID="PM_REVIEW" AND PLV=EVENT AND ACT="AUTOSAVEFORM_*"  AND C_ACTV="*commentEdit*" OR ACT="*SendRequest"

| sort _time CMID SID UID

| streamstats count(eval(ACT=="AUTOSAVEFORM_trigReq_AutoSaveForm")) as eventCounter by CMID SID UID ACT C_ACTV reset_after="ACT=AUTOSAVEFORM_trigReq_AutoSaveForm" reset_on_change=true

| table SN, CMN,CMID, CIP, _time, SID,UID, ACT, C_ACTV,eventCounter

| eval ACT=if(ACT=="AUTOSAVEFORM_trigReq_AutoSaveForm" AND C_ACTV=="{reason:commentEditChanged,immediate:false,timeInterval:5000}", ACT+eventCounter, ACT)

| sort - _time CMID SID UID

| transaction CMID SID UID startswith="ACT=AUTOSAVEFORM_trigReq_AutoSaveForm1" endswith="ACT=AUTOSAVEFORM_after_sendRequest"

| table _time CMN duration

| chart list(duration) as interval by _time, CMN

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hi @cheriemilk,

You need to provide an eval/search expression to the startswith and endwith arguments.

index=*bizx_application AND sourcetype=perf_log_bizx AND PID="PM_REVIEW" AND PLV=EVENT AND ACT="AUTOSAVEFORM_*"  AND C_ACTV="*commentEdit*" OR ACT="*SendRequest"
| sort - _time, CMID, SID, UID
| transaction CMID SID UID startswith="ACT=AUTOSAVEFORM_trigReq_AutoSaveForm" endswith="ACT=AUTOSAVEFORM_after_sendRequest"
| table _time duration eventcount

More details on here: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Transaction#Filter_string_option... 

If this reply helps you, a like would be appreciated.

0 Karma

cheriemilk
Path Finder

Hi @manjunathmeti ,

Thank you for the solution. But I am wondering if the result based on your suggested query is right or not?

The obvious problematic data is for 'eventcount'. In my screenshot->the transaction blocked with red, there're 6 events totally, but the query result shows this transaction only has 3 events for eventcount field. Is this correct? Looks like, the transaction doesn't start with the first 'ACT=AUTOSAVEFORM_trigReq_AutoSaveForm'.

Thanks,

Cherie

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...