Splunk Search

group results to be emailed to appropriate support team based on server

splunkhan

I'm looking to search for multiple errors and exceptions across application logs for across multiple servers.

using a host_email.csv lookup table containing:
host, email_address

How can group these by error/exception type per server send email to corresponding team based on server. I would like to include in my email alert the alert message, server, and count. My search is not working:

| lookup host_email.csv
| search "error1" OR "error2" OR "error3" OR "error4" OR "exception1" OR "exception2" OR "exception3" | stats count values(_raw) by host
| search action.email=1 action.email.to=email_address

Tags (1)
0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi splunkhan,

untested and just making this up, but something like this should work:

| lookup host_email.csv 
| search "error1" OR "error2" OR "error3" OR "error4" OR "exception1" OR "exception2" OR "exception3" | stats count values(_raw) by host
| search action.email=1 action.email.to=email_address
| map maxsearches=0 search="stats count 
| fields - count 
| sendemail from=buttercup@splunk.com to=$action.email$ subject=$alert.subject$ message=$alert.message$ sendresults=true"

You might need to modify to work correct, and read about the sendemail command here https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Sendemail and the map command here https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Map

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...