MB-AG-T01,Manganiello Bros. Tee,9.99,6.99,I
FI-AG-G08,Orvil the Wolverine,39.99,24.99,J
BS-AG-G09,Benign Space Debris,24.99,19.99,K
SC-MG-G10,SIM Cubicle,19.99,16.99,L
WC-SH-A01,Holy Blade of Gouda,5.99,2.99,M
WC-SH-A02,Fire Resistance Suit of Provolone,3.99,1.99,N
SF-BVS-G01,Grand Theft Scooter,26.99,21.99,O
SF-BVS-01,Pony Run,49.99,41.99,P

if i want to get list of customerid column only for the price greater than 30.
Could you please help me with the query.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ashutoshab
Communicator

This file does not contain any field named 'customerid'. So we cannot write a Query that fulfills your requirement.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@ashish_chand this seems to be tutorial data from Splunk Search Tutorial which is part of Splunk Search Fundamentals course.

Could you please elaborate the need for qustions? Hope this is not one of the lab assignments.

Kindly use this forum to ask queries when you get stuck or need clarification/details about anything related to Splunk. Kindly don't use Splunk Answers platform to ask Community Members solve your assignments.

Even if this is not an assignment question, logically speaking you use case should be to find productId with price greater than 30. If so check out Example 4 from Splunk Documentation of inputlookup command. Provided above CSV has been uploaded to Splunk as a Lookup file.

If you have a correlated data indexed where there is actually customer information i.e. customerid, then a Customer may by more than one products hence price would be sum of individual product prices and in most of the cases above $30. Please confirm whether this is the use case. If so you would need to provide indexed data sample with customerid.

*In order to make proper use of this community and learn, first try the queries yourself then post the same here with specific problems you are facing! Community members would be happy to assist 🙂 *

ashutoshab
Communicator

This file does not contain any field named 'customerid'. So we cannot write a Query that fulfills your requirement.

0 Karma

solarboyz1
Builder

Your file does not include a customerid column. Did you mean productId?

sale_price>30 | field productid

Of do you need to find the customerid in a seperate set of data, for any customers that bought a product that was over 30?

customerid=*  [ search sale_price>30 | field productid ] 
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...