Splunk Search

fill the table

Learnersplunk21
Engager

Hi All

Below is my query to tabulate a few fields together and count them on basis of its value .I need help with a situation when there is no data available at all , in the current setup , this table wont come up if there is no data coming from source , it generates only when data is coming in index. Using apendpipe i am trying to show 0's everywhere and generate this table in case of no data from backend .Currently it fills up 0's in the missing empty field when there is some data. I am trying to handle a situation when there is no data  , i dont want to use makeresults as the interpretation needed is no data means "No issue"  from backend and hence showing 0's as no issues found, only when  is there is an issue ,the numbers populate in the table.

We dont want to show blank hence filling up with 0's and showing the table is the requirement.Please help with rectification.

search (metric_label="*** Resource Health : Service Issue" OR metric_label="***Service Health : Service Issue") AND metric_value IN (300, 500)
| eval Service = mvindex(split(source_host," : "),1), Region = mvindex(split(source_host," : "),2)
| table metric_value Region Service Resources

| stats distinct_count(Region) as Region distinct_count(Service) as Service distinct_count(Resources) as Resources by metric_value
| eval Impact = case(metric_value=100,"Info",metric_value=200,"NA",metric_value=300,"Warning",metric_value=500,"Critical")
| fields - metric_value

| transpose column_name="Status" header_field=Impact

| appendpipe [
| table Region Service Resources
| eval Region=0
| eval Service=0 |eval Resources=0

| stats last(Region) AS Region , last(Service) as Service
| fillnull value="0" Region Service Resources

]
| eval OverallHealth = case(Critical>0,"CRITICAL",Warning>0,"WARNING",Warning=0 AND Critical=0,"HEALTHY") | Table Status,OverallHealth,Warning,Critical 

the result is as follows at the moment ,

Learnersplunk21_0-1624280956109.jpeg

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...