Splunk Search

export field extraction to resue

rohanmiskin
Explorer

I have extracted two fields in my non prod splunk account. I want to use the same for the prod splunk account as well. The url for prod and non prod are different. I need these fieldextraction in prod before hand, even before the logs start falling into splunk(prod), since my splunk alert is dependent on the logs. Is there a way to export extraction from non prod and import them in prod? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There are couple of ways to do it. It depends on your rights and is this OnPrem or Splunk Cloud.

Probably the easiest way is just look via GUI by your self what is the current field extraction definition on test and then just create that again into prod. Maybe not the best way to do it, but probably the easiest.

Another ways needs mode capabilities (power) to do those:

• Copy those props.conf files from prod to test
  • Create app with those configurations and install it to prod
  • Use REST api to copy + insert it to another environment
  • Use CI/CD with git or some other VCS

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There are couple of ways to do it. It depends on your rights and is this OnPrem or Splunk Cloud.

Probably the easiest way is just look via GUI by your self what is the current field extraction definition on test and then just create that again into prod. Maybe not the best way to do it, but probably the easiest.

Another ways needs mode capabilities (power) to do those:

• Copy those props.conf files from prod to test
  • Create app with those configurations and install it to prod
  • Use REST api to copy + insert it to another environment
  • Use CI/CD with git or some other VCS

r. Ismo

0 Karma

rohanmiskin
Explorer

@isoutamo Thanks. As you suggested, I just replicated the transform definition of my fields into prod env, via GUI

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...