Splunk Search

eval searchmatch with OR

DanielFordWA
Contributor

I am trying to do a search match based on a number of different criteria.

The below does not work.

sourcetype="iis-2" | extract auto=true | search cs_username | eval Product=if(searchmatch("cs_uri_stem=*/Product/Product*Overview/|*/Product/Product*Overview/Global*|*/Product/Product*Overview/EMEA/*|*/Product/Product*Overview/APAC/|*/Product/Product*Overview/Americas/"),1,null()) | stats count(Product) as Product by date_month

The below does return results but I want to combine Product 1-5 into one column and add the results.

sourcetype="iis-2" | extract auto=true | search cs_username |
eval Product1=if(searchmatch("cs_uri_stem=*/Product/Product*Overview/ |
eval Product2=if(searchmatch("cs_uri_stem=*/Product/Product*Overview/Global*"),1,null()) |
eval Product3=if(searchmatch("cs_uri_stem=*/Product/Product*Overview/EMEA/*"),1,null()) |
eval Product4=if(searchmatch("cs_uri_stem=*/Product/Product*Overview/APAC/*"),1,null()) |
eval Product5=if(searchmatch("cs_uri_stem=*/Product/Product*Overview/Americas/*"),1,null()) |
stats count(Product1) as Product1 count(Product2) as Product2 count(Product3) as Product3 count(Product4) as Product4 count(Product5) as Product5 by date_month

I cant use */Product/Product*Overview/* as there are pages other than the ones above I do not want to include.

I am stuck, hope you can help.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lukejadamec
Super Champion

This is the way you would use OR with rex. If your strings are correct, then this should work with the exception of /Product/Product.*Overview/. I left that out because from the looks of it you are specifying the overview/X strings that you want, and you said there are many that you don't want:

| rex field="cs_uri_stem" ".*(?<PRODUCT>/Product/Product.*Overview/Global.*|/Product/Product.*Overview/EMEA/.*|/Product/Product.*Overview/APAC/.*|/Product/Product.*Overview/Americas/.*)$" | eval Contact=if(match(cs_uri_stem,"/Contacts/ContactProfile/"),1,null()) 

View solution in original post

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...