Splunk Search

eval function inside chart using a variable

guilhem
Contributor

Hello the splunk community,

I'm kinda new to splunk, and I'm trying to perform some charting using the eval function like as follow:

index=index1 action=action1
| chart c as count by action, field1 usenull=f useother=f
| append [search index=index1 action=action2 AND progress >=0.1 |chart eval(dc(e)/count*100) as percentageOfCount by action, field1 usenull=f useother=f]

And the result I want:

action | field1 1st value field1 second value field1 third value

action1 | count for 1st val count for 2nd val count for 3rd val
action2 | percentageOfCount for 1st val percentageOfCount for 2nd val percentageOfCount for 3rd val

(basically I just want to have the percentage according to the count inside the percentageOfCount value, so I can chart it, and not the number of hit)

but i get the error:

Error in 'chart' command: Only the split-by and x-axis fields can be directly referenced in the eval expression.
It seems that the chart doesn't replace the count with it's value, or I am missing something?

If anyone has a workaround, or an explanation of what is happening here it would be very helpfull.

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

guilhem
Contributor

After going back to it, I cannot reproduce the error... So problem solved I guess.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

guilhem
Contributor

After going back to it, I cannot reproduce the error... So problem solved I guess.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...