Splunk Search

dbxquery inside a search

balcv
Contributor

How do I take the results of a search pass a field into a dbxquery and then display results from both the search and the dbxquery?

In this example, the search returns data about specific emails where the sender domain is found in the csv file lookup.  I then want to take the Sender email address, use it in the WHERE clause  of the dbquery to return the accoutname field from the db.  Then finally, display various fields in a table including results from the search and the field returned by the dbxquery select.

index=email Act IN ("Acc") Sender!="*mydomain.com"
 [ | inputlookup susDomains.csv
    | stats values(domain) AS search
    | format ]
| eval senderEmail=split(Sender,"@")
| eval senderDomain=mvindex(senderEmail,1)
| eval acctCode=if ((acc="CAU3A274"),"Admin","Manager")
| eval SQLRcpt = "'".Rcpt."'"
| map search="| dbxquery query=\"SELECT accountname
    FROM [IDM].[drip].[usr_hist_tbl] uht
    WHERE uht.mail = $SQLRcpt$ ; \" connection=\"Subscriber_History\""
| table _time,senderDomain,Sender,Rcpt,Subject,acctCode,accoutname,SQLRcpt
| sort -_time

This search returns no data when I know there are records that should be returned.

Can anyone see where I may have gone wrong?

Thanks
Leigh

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...