Splunk Search

cron search in dashboard panel

Fleshwriter
Explorer

Hello,

I am trying to create a search query, which i will later transfer to dashboard panel. This query is monitoring if files exist in folder (folder should be empty). Problem is that during weekend files from that folder are not picked up. So if i transfer query to a dashboard it would show false alert (because it is normal that files are waiting in folder during weekend). Question is:
Can i set up a time for dashboard query to ignore saturday and sunday, but work on other days, something like cron?

Best,
- F.

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Fleshwriter,
you have to insert in your search the exclusion of Saturday and Monday, something like this:

your_search NOT (date_wday="saturday" OR date_wday="sunaday")

Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Fleshwriter,
you have to insert in your search the exclusion of Saturday and Monday, something like this:

your_search NOT (date_wday="saturday" OR date_wday="sunaday")

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

Fleshwriter
Explorer

Yeah, thanks. I'm surprised it was easier than I expected 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...