Splunk Search

count occurrence of value in field in a single event

navap123
Explorer

I have 6 sources with json event in the following structure (each source with different data of tests):

"tests": [
              {
                "name": "test1",
                "status": "pass",
                "startAt": "",
                "finshedAt": "",
                "duration": ""
              },
              {
              },
              {
              }
            ]
          }

I need to count number of tests with status: pass and number of tests with status fail total for all events.
For example if I have 3 tests in each source I expect to get total of 18 tests in status pass.
When I use the following search:

index=aaf_jsonexecutionDetails.build="6.78.135"  | rename tests{}.status as status|stats 
     count(eval(if(status="pass", 1, null()))) as success_count
     count(eval(if(status="fail", 1, null()))) as failure_count

I get the number of events according to the search criteria (total 6) but not total for all sources tests{}.status = "pass"

Any Advice?

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

tricky:

index=aaf_jsonexecutionDetails.build="6.78.135" 
| rex mode=sed "s/pass/1/g s/fail/0/g"
| spath
| stats sum("tests{}.status") as success_count count("tests{}.status") as total_count
| eval failure_count=total_count - success_count

simple:

index=aaf_jsonexecutionDetails.build="6.78.135" 
| stats count by tests{}.status

As you like.

0 Karma

navap123
Explorer

It doesn't solve the problem
I still get 6 results total while the problem is I get each result from each source while I need to sum total results from all sources,

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
| makeresults 
| eval _raw="raw\"
    {\"tests\":[{\"name\":\"test1\",\"status\":\"pass\",\"startAt\":\"\",\"finshedAt\":\"\",\"duration\":\"\"},{\"name\":\"test1\",\"status\":\"pass\",\"startAt\":\"\",\"finshedAt\":\"\",\"duration\":\"\"},{\"name\":\"test1\",\"status\":\"pass\",\"startAt\":\"\",\"finshedAt\":\"\",\"duration\":\"\"}]}
{\"tests\":[{\"name\":\"test1\",\"status\":\"pass\",\"startAt\":\"\",\"finshedAt\":\"\",\"duration\":\"\"},{\"name\":\"test1\",\"status\":\"pass\",\"startAt\":\"\",\"finshedAt\":\"\",\"duration\":\"\"},{\"name\":\"test1\",\"status\":\"pass\",\"startAt\":\"\",\"finshedAt\":\"\",\"duration\":\"\"}]}
{\"tests\":[{\"name\":\"test1\",\"status\":\"pass\",\"startAt\":\"\",\"finshedAt\":\"\",\"duration\":\"\"},{\"name\":\"test1\",\"status\":\"pass\",\"startAt\":\"\",\"finshedAt\":\"\",\"duration\":\"\"},{\"name\":\"test1\",\"status\":\"pass\",\"startAt\":\"\",\"finshedAt\":\"\",\"duration\":\"\"}]}" 
| multikv forceheader=1 
| table _raw 
| rex mode=sed "s/pass/1/g s/fail/0/g" 
| spath 
| stats sum("tests{}.status") as success_count count("tests{}.status") as total_count 
| eval failure_count=total_count - success_count

tricky is not work. I'm sorry. you can fix it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...