Splunk Search

condition command to merge events

antonio147
Communicator

Hi all,
I performed an initial search, to this I added a second search, with the map command, where based on the values of the OLD field, it performs the search on the same index.

index=summary
| search PRATICA ="TRAS" AND LA_OLD !=null
|dedup LA
|table CODICE_,CANALE,ADDRESS,PRATICA, LA,LA_OLD,PACCHETTO,DATA

|map [search index=summary LA="$LA_OLD$"
|rename LA as LAC_OLD, ADDRESS as ADDRESS_OLD,PACCHETTO as PT_OLD
|eval CODE="$CODICE$",LA_NEW="$LA$",CANALE="$CANALE$",PRATICA_G="$PRATICA$",PT_NEW="PACCHETTO$",ADDRESS_NEW="$ADDRESS$",,DATA_MIG="$DATA$"
] maxsearches=9999
|dedup LA_NEW
|table CODE,CANALE,PRATICA_G, LA_NEW,LAC_OLD,PT_NEW,PT_OLD,ADDRESS_NEW,ADDRESS_OLD,DATA_MIG

the first query finds 1400 events, the second query only finds 250 and returns me only 250.
I would like him to give me back all 1400 events but filled in the changes of the 250 (which are the OLDs)

Tks

BR

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try removing the dedup LA_NEW

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try removing the dedup LA_NEW

antonio147
Communicator

Removing it and inserting it into the map worked
Tks

0 Karma

antonio147
Communicator

unfortunately I remove the dedup, it extracts more than 17000 events as there are many lines for the same event 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...