Splunk Search

Comparing two different fields in separate events?

bhupi

Hi Splunkers

I am looking to get some help in spl for following use case

| makeresults count=4
| streamstats count
| eval src=case(count=1, "2.3.5.6", count=2, "3.3.3.3", count=3, "1.1.1.6", count=4, "4.5.6.4")
| eval dest = case(count=1, "4.5.6.4", count=2, "4.5.6.4", count=3, "2.2.2.6", count=4,"2.3.5.6")

I want to get only event1 and event4 . In this case event1 src=dest event4 and event1 dest=src event4. This is only a run anywhere example. In real there will be thousands of events and I want to compare event x src=dest event y

Thanks

Bhupi

Labels (3)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @bhupi,

I have some problem to figure your real need, anyway, you should define the rule to choose event x and event y and assign the src and dest values when these events occur, in other words you should<your_search> | eval check=case(event=x,"src",event=y,dest) | stats values(check) AS check dc(check) AS check_count BY key.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...