Splunk Search

combine 2 searches

chadman
Path Finder

I have a search that finds computers that have not checked in for the last couple min. It seems to give the results I need, but I need some more specific information from each host that this command finds.

metadata type=hosts | eval age = now()-lastTime | where age > 300 and age < 86400

| sort age d | convert ctime(lastTime) | eval field_in_ddhhmmss=tostring((age) , "duration")
|rename field_in_ddhhmmss as "Time Offline" | table host,lastTime,"Time Offline

So I would like to then add some columns to my table that are specific to each host that it finds. So the search below would show me the extra data I need. How can I combine these to work together.

sourcetype=_sort=PUT HOST FROM OTHER SEARCH HERE earliest=1
| head 1 | rename hd as "Total Disk GB" memory as "Total Memory" isp as "ISP" state as "State"
host as "Serial Number" os_install_date as "Build Date" model as "Model" city as "City"
|table host,"Total Disk GB","Model","Total Memory","Serial Number","ISP","City","State"
"Build Date"

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could use a join.

metadata type=hosts | eval age = now()-lastTime | where age > 300 and age < 86400 | join host [search sourcetype=_sort | rename hd as "Total Disk GB" memory as "Total Memory" isp as "ISP" state as "State" os_install_date as "Build Date" model as "Model" city as "City"] | sort age d | convert ctime(lastTime) | eval field_in_ddhhmmss=tostring((age) , "duration") |rename field_in_ddhhmmss as "Time Offline" | table host,lastTime,"Time Offline","Total Disk GB","Model","Total Memory","ISP","City","State","Build Date"
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could use a join.

metadata type=hosts | eval age = now()-lastTime | where age > 300 and age < 86400 | join host [search sourcetype=_sort | rename hd as "Total Disk GB" memory as "Total Memory" isp as "ISP" state as "State" os_install_date as "Build Date" model as "Model" city as "City"] | sort age d | convert ctime(lastTime) | eval field_in_ddhhmmss=tostring((age) , "duration") |rename field_in_ddhhmmss as "Time Offline" | table host,lastTime,"Time Offline","Total Disk GB","Model","Total Memory","ISP","City","State","Build Date"
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

chadman
Path Finder

Worked great! Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...