Splunk Search

charting numeric files stored on a summary index

ruisantos
Path Finder

I'm creating a summary report based on a timechart that counts the number of eventcounts for a certain transaction.

index=xpto | transaction maxspan=2m maxpause=30s fields=correlation | sitimechart count by eventcount

This creates events on my summary index with this structure.

05/02/2013 13:59:00 +0100, search_name="sessions by eventcount - summary", search_now=1367503200.000, info_min_time=1367496000.000, info_max_time=1367499600.000, info_search_time=1367503201.529, 1=0, 2=0, 3=0, 4=7, 7=0, report="sessions"

How can I extract the summary to chart the initial graph?

0 Karma
1 Solution

BobM
Builder

You basically replace everything before the si command with a search for the summary results and then add the reporting command without the si. So yours becomes

Index=summary search_name="sessions by eventcount - summary" |  timechart count by eventcount 

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Karma

BobM
Builder

You basically replace everything before the si command with a search for the summary results and then add the reporting command without the si. So yours becomes

Index=summary search_name="sessions by eventcount - summary" |  timechart count by eventcount 

Bob

0 Karma

ruisantos
Path Finder

Yes it works the problem was, that I didn't have the sitimechart funcion on the schedulled search.

After correcting this I was able to access the data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...