Splunk Search

chart graph help

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Hello,

I have data in a lookup file which i am appending everyday instead of indexing. 

Time Device Infra Average Tool1 Tool2
11/26/2020 03:56 6223 95 88.41 95.69
11/27/2020 03:56 6220 94 88.39 95.74

And in the lookup file i have data in above format. 

What is the best way to show in a graph/chart the evolution of each field by Time 

Thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
index=_internal | head 1 | fields _raw | eval _raw="Time Device Infra Average Tool1 Tool2
11/26/2020 03:56 6223 95 88.41 95.69
11/27/2020 03:56 6220 94 88.39 95.74"
| multikv 
| eval _time=strptime(Time." ".Device,"%m/%d/%Y %H:%M")
| table _time Infra Average Tool1 Tool2

>What is the best way to show in a graph/chart the evolution of each field by Time 
The data doesn't explain anything about the meaning of.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What are you trying to achieve? Why are you collecting the data? What insights do you hope to get from your charts/graphs? How does your data change over time? Answer some of these questions and it would easier to help you.

0 Karma

surekhasplunk
Communicator

What are you trying to achieve?  to see the trend of the numbers changing each day

Why are you collecting the data? to see the percentage of devices monitored in some of our tools. And work on the missing ones. 

What insights do you hope to get from your charts/graphs? How does your data change over time?

every day/ every week once i am planning to append the csv file . from the chart/graph i need to show the change of numbers over time 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you loaded the file (inputlookup)? Use fields to list the fields you are interested in starting with the time field so it becomes the x-axis, then select the line graph visualisation

0 Karma

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Yes i did load the lookup file. 

Use fields to list the fields you are interested in starting with the time field so it becomes the x-axis, then select the line graph visualisation

(Here i wanted the query if can can help me with the exact query it will be helpful. )

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What have you tried so far?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...