Splunk Search

calculate percentage

visa87
Explorer

Hi,

I have extracted from my logs the fields in the following format :

Field 1 : Possible values true and false
Field 2 : Possible values true and false

I want to create a report which has the details of % of field 1 which is false and % of field 2 that is false.

I am using something like this ;

... |stats count(Field 1) As "A1",count(eval(match,"false")) As "A2" | eval perc = (100*A1/A2)

But this does not give the desired result.

Can anyone please help on where I am going wrong

Tags (2)
0 Karma

Raghav2384
Motivator

@visa87 , you almost got it....i just applied your own approach and see this if can help you

stats count(field1) as Total_Field1,count(eval(field1="FALSE")) as False_Field1,count(field2) as Total_Field2,count(eval(field2="FALSE")) as False_Field2|eval Field1% = ((False_Field1/Total_Field1)*100)|eval Field2% = ((False_Field2/Total_Field2)*100)

Thanks,
Raghav

0 Karma

jayannah
Builder

try this

|eventstats count as field1_total by field1 | eval field1_false_count=if(field1=false,1,0) | eval field1_false_perc=((field1_false_count/field1_total_count) * 100)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...