Splunk Search

annotation in query url

dtakacssplunk
Explorer

I would like to generate a splunk URL that has:

1) the query to render

2) the visualization to render

3) some query annotations.

the query, the visualizations are all fine.  I'm not sure how to get the annotations into the query.

For example: take a look at the following query which I have, I can render a proper chart proper visualization (can cut and paste the url and someone can re-render the same).... but how about adding an annotation to the chart (I put red lines for a particular timeline) which I want the user to focus at.  Is it possible to say please draw a line at this epoch time, and another line at this epoch time?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you know the time period you want them to focus on, why not set the earliest and latest times for your search in the url?

0 Karma

dtakacssplunk
Explorer

I want them to see the context before and after. To help convey the significance 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...