Splunk Search

access search results for search upon login

sdewar83
Path Finder

Hi,

Sorry, a very n00b question and i apologise if this is in the doco but i couldnt find anything in the search doco about it..

Can you kick off a search, log out of splunk and log back in later and get the results? I have long running searches that I'm required to run but our system shuts down RDS sessions unless these is user input after a certain period/if they're left running too long. I had a search running and when i logged back in the next day i can't seem to find away to obtain the results. In such a scenario, are the job and the results lost?

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

ivanreis
Builder

"Send the job to the background. Select this if the search job is slow to complete and you want to you work on other Splunk activities, including running a new search job. The job continues to run in the background."
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.2/Search/Aboutjobsandjobmanagement#Job_menu

run your report and when it is running, select the Job/Send the job to the background and type your email. When your report is completed, you will receive an email with a link to access the report results.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ivanreis
Builder

"Send the job to the background. Select this if the search job is slow to complete and you want to you work on other Splunk activities, including running a new search job. The job continues to run in the background."
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.2/Search/Aboutjobsandjobmanagement#Job_menu

run your report and when it is running, select the Job/Send the job to the background and type your email. When your report is completed, you will receive an email with a link to access the report results.

0 Karma

sdewar83
Path Finder

that looks handy! Thanks!! 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...