Splunk Search

access row in xyseries

gerbert
Path Finder

Hello,

I have a table from a xyseries. Each row consists of different strings of colors. I would like to pick one row from the xyseries, save it in some sort of token and then use it later in an svg-file. The svg file is made up of three rectangles, which colors should depend on the chosen row of the xyseries.

For example the search I made looks like this:

index=something
|stats latest(vitamins) by fruit
|eval color = if(fruit=="$fruit_token$", "red", 0)
|fillnull value="green"
|xyseries fruit vitamins color

Which gives something like this, when i choose apple as a fruit:
                                                vitaminA                       vitaminB             vitaminC
apple                                    green                              red                        green
banana                                green                              green                   green

The idea is that I can search for a fruit I want (with an input-token), set the value in latest(vitamin) of that row to "red" and the rest to "green".

Is there a way for me to access the "apple-row" as a whole? I can access a single column of a row by addressing the column name, i.e:

|search fruit=$fruit_token$
|eval var="something"+vitaminB+"else"
|table var

would give something like:
"somethingredelse"

Which then I can store in a variable. But I somehow want all the rest (all the "greens") also.
My end goal would be to use a svg-file, that looks something like this:

<row>
     <panel>
          <viz type="svg.svg">   
          <search>
               |makeresults
               |eval svg_viz = ".... 
               &lt;rect id=01 fill=\"$vitaminA$\"$ &gt;
               &lt;rect id=02 fill=\"$vitaminB$\"$ &gt; 
               &lt;rect id=03 fill=\"$vitaminC$\"$ &gt; 
               ..."
               [...] 
          </search>
          </viz>  
     </panel>
</row>

So in our example, if apple is my chosen fruit I would like to have my first rectangle to have the color "green", the 2nd the color "red" and the third one the color "green". In the end I would use hex code instead of "red" and "green".

I hope this isn't a too narrow subject. I basically need some sort of access to the xyseries table. Maybe instead of using tokens I could also use my first search inside of the svg-file-query, but I couldn't get that to work either.

I could use some help 😃

Cheers
gerbert

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gerbert
Path Finder

Ok, just in case anyone is stumbling onto this thread and is wondering how to solve it, here it is.
You have to end the "svg-string" and insert your token inbetween and then add the whole string back together with a plus sign. It looks something like this then:

<row>
     <panel>
          <viz type="svg.svg">   
          <search>
               |makeresults
               |eval svg_viz = ".... 
               &lt;rect id=01 fill=\" "+vitaminA+" \"$ &gt;
               &lt;rect id=02 fill=\" "+vitaminB+" \"$ &gt; 
               &lt;rect id=03 fill=\" "+vitaminC+" \"$ &gt; 
               ..."
               [...] 
          </search>
          </viz>  
     </panel>
</row>

Cheers

gerbert

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gerbert
Path Finder

Ok, just in case anyone is stumbling onto this thread and is wondering how to solve it, here it is.
You have to end the "svg-string" and insert your token inbetween and then add the whole string back together with a plus sign. It looks something like this then:

<row>
     <panel>
          <viz type="svg.svg">   
          <search>
               |makeresults
               |eval svg_viz = ".... 
               &lt;rect id=01 fill=\" "+vitaminA+" \"$ &gt;
               &lt;rect id=02 fill=\" "+vitaminB+" \"$ &gt; 
               &lt;rect id=03 fill=\" "+vitaminC+" \"$ &gt; 
               ..."
               [...] 
          </search>
          </viz>  
     </panel>
</row>

Cheers

gerbert

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could use transpose to convert the row to a column

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...