Splunk Search

XML or search examples of swim lane chart

krish3
Contributor

Hi All,

I am looking for swim lane chart examples. Does swimlane feature of charting only inbuilt with some apps or can I have swimlane of charting in my own dashboard. Please let me know more about swimlane charts.

Thanks,

Tags (3)
0 Karma

jihape
Path Finder

I know this question is a bit old, but I got something going using this answer ( https://answers.splunk.com/answers/82161/plot-up-or-down-state-over-time.html). Not as nice as the real swimlane charts, but good enough.

I'm charting some batch jobs of which most of them are only a couple of seconds, which is why it looks a bit crazy.

My chart settings:
alt text
alt text

satishsdange
Builder

Swimlane is currently available only in ES App.

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As far as I know, Splunk itself does not have a swim lane chart at all, let alone an example of it in use. The Enterprise Security App features such a view, however I haven't used that yet so I can't tell you much about it (and the App isn't free so you can't just download it and try). You could go ahead and have a look at this D3 custom visualization which you might be able to turn into something you can work with, but since you didn't say what you want to achieve I don't know whether this is what you are looking for.

0 Karma

krish3
Contributor

Hi Jeff,

I am looking at monitoring admin activity on the server i thought single dashboard with swimlane would perfectly do the job so i was looking for how it is done.

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The D3 visualization I mentioned should do the job. It can be a bit tricky sometimes to get the data into the format the visualization needs, but from the quick look I had I would deem it possible - have a look at how the random data is generated, and replace that with your search results in the right format.

0 Karma

miteshvohra
Contributor

Try dynamic drill-down based dashboard.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...