Splunk Search

Work Flow Action | Show Source | Does not display data after upgrade to 7.2.5

gjohnson2

After upgrading to 7.2.5 from 6.2.2 the workflow action show source is not populating data when you click on the button. My users experienced the issue and brought it up. I'm logging in as admin and can't pull up the webpage.

I checked the permissions of the app in the configs and change it to 755 temporarily in linux. I checked the permissions in Splunk Web and it's readable to everyone and writeable to myself. Since it is in SplunkWeb I checked my sslkeys but I'm able to log in to the GUI so that shouldn't be an issue.

I checked the splunkd.access.log where the workflow actions log it's data and I'm getting an http 1.0 404 error for the show source action. I've been trying to trouble shoot this as it relates to the 404 error but no success.

This is a global issue because I can't access the show source in multiple apps. (Mark Logic, Search)

What am I missing or what do I need to do to mitigate this issue?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...