Splunk Search

Wilde card is not working for when using colorPalette type="map" and i need to add in wilde characters

robertlynch2020
Motivator

Below is the code that i have. It is in a table where colors will come up pending on the text that i have.

I want to be able to put in TEST_* and not have to define TEST_1 TEST_2 etc...
If i put in TEST_* nothing happens.

<format type="color" field="Event_Name">
     <colorPalette type="map">{"TEST_1":#6A5C9E}</colorPalette>
</format>
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

How many TEST fields do you expect?, Can they be statically mapped once and based on whichever Field is present will get color?

If above is not possible then you would need to use Javascript/CSS to color your Table Cell/Row. For exploring the options you can refer Table Cell Highlighting and Table Row Highlighting examples in the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples App

robertlynch2020
Motivator

OK thanks I could get a lot of different type of TEST fields, as it is a key word that we use. It looks like i will have to use the JavaScript, that i have done before. But this way is just easier.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

JS should be your option then.

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...