Splunk Search

Why is there no link between the two data points in Splunk trendline line chart?

CodingMaestro
Path Finder

So i have a trendline like below:

CodingMaestro_0-1682930328040.png

I dont know why is there no link between the two data points between april and may and may and june.

Here is the query i have:
| inputlookup category
| eval _time=strptime(_time, "%m/%d/%Y")
| search envcor="$env$"
| eval group=envcor."_"
| timechart sum(Total_Number_Unique_Names) sum(Total_Number_Shops) by group

Please help. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

rut
Path Finder

Have you looked at the underlying data to validate there's (consistent) data for April? If you want to connect the lines you can try setting null values to "Connect" in the visualization settings:

rut_0-1682938200192.png

Or you could use the filldown command, which replaces null values with the last non-null value.

| filldown <fields>

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Filldown

View solution in original post

rut
Path Finder

Have you looked at the underlying data to validate there's (consistent) data for April? If you want to connect the lines you can try setting null values to "Connect" in the visualization settings:

rut_0-1682938200192.png

Or you could use the filldown command, which replaces null values with the last non-null value.

| filldown <fields>

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Filldown

CodingMaestro
Path Finder

Perfect, This solution worked perfectly. Thanks alot. @rut 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...