Splunk Search

Why is the Drilldown not working?

Shan
Builder

When I use the below drilldown query without eval its working fine and I'm getting the result as expected. But when I add eval in the drilldown query and click on the values a new search window is opened and its empty. In the search bar, I am not able to see the query too. Option: link to searchalt text

/app/search/search?q=index=XXXX source=BDAF GROUP="$ABCD$" OR GROUP="DATA" CATEGORY="Failure" PRIORITY="Low" OR PRIORITY="Medium"    TIER_1 !="Request"
| eval Month=strftime(strptime(SOLVEDDATE,"%Y-%m-%d"),"%B")
| eval Year=strftime(strptime(SOLVEDDATE,"%Y-%m-%d"),"%Y") 
| stats count by GROUP 

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
1 Solution

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@shankarananth,

I think you have to encode url. Can you please try below link in drilldown?

/app/search/search?q=index=XXXX source=BDAF GROUP="$ABCD$" OR GROUP="DATA" CATEGORY="Failure" PRIORITY="Low" OR PRIORITY="Medium" TIER_1 !="Request" | eval Month=strftime(strptime(SOLVEDDATE,"%25Y-%25m-%25d"),"%25B") | eval Year=strftime(strptime(SOLVEDDATE,"%25Y-%25m-%25d"),"%25Y") | stats count by GROUP 

Thanks

View solution in original post

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@shankarananth,

I think you have to encode url. Can you please try below link in drilldown?

/app/search/search?q=index=XXXX source=BDAF GROUP="$ABCD$" OR GROUP="DATA" CATEGORY="Failure" PRIORITY="Low" OR PRIORITY="Medium" TIER_1 !="Request" | eval Month=strftime(strptime(SOLVEDDATE,"%25Y-%25m-%25d"),"%25B") | eval Year=strftime(strptime(SOLVEDDATE,"%25Y-%25m-%25d"),"%25Y") | stats count by GROUP 

Thanks

Shan
Builder

Thanks for your response . Yes ur right .. I need to encode .. Is there any specific link for it .. So i can go through it and complete my query . Because i need to change in many palces ..

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @shankarananth,
Please use https://www.urlencoder.org/ for encoding & decoding.

Can you please accept the answer and If you got your answer? It will help community.

Happy Splunking

0 Karma

Shan
Builder

@kamlesh_vaghela -- Thank you for your help ..
Happy Splunking 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...