Splunk Search

Why is my current props and transforms configuration not extracting a multivalue field properly?

edrivera3
Builder

Hi
I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am try to extract a multivalue field, error_num. I tested it in the search app and it worked correctly. This is what I got:

props.conf:

[JobEventLog]
TRANSFORMS-error_num = mvfield_error_num

transforms.conf:

[mvfield_error_num]
 SOURCE_KEY = _raw
 REGEX = ERROR_:(?<error_num>d{5})
 MV_ADD = true
1 Solution

acharlieh
Influencer

Are you wanting to do this extraction at search time (which is most common) or index time? Your transforms.conf stanza looks like a search time extraction however your props.conf is referring to it as an index_time configuration. (Search time uses REPORT-name index time uses TRANSFORMS-name)

View solution in original post

acharlieh
Influencer

Are you wanting to do this extraction at search time (which is most common) or index time? Your transforms.conf stanza looks like a search time extraction however your props.conf is referring to it as an index_time configuration. (Search time uses REPORT-name index time uses TRANSFORMS-name)

edrivera3
Builder

Thank you acharlieh. I want to do the extraction at search time. I changed the props.conf to "REPORT" and it is working correctly now. Thank you.

acharlieh
Influencer

Glad to hear it helped! Converted my comment to an answer so it can be accepted.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Are your permissions correct (is it private to another user than the one searching)?

0 Karma

edrivera3
Builder

There is an underscore before "raw" but it doesn't show.

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Just edited it for ya @edrivera3. I usually highlight config stanzas and click on the "Code Sample" button in the editor to render special characters properly for regex.

Also, you should include some sample data for users to better help you out, especially when it comes to regex and field extraction related questions.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...