aliazaad

if you select index=main for your input 

the problem will be solved

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @akankshayadav,

I haven't your issue in my Splunk, which version are you using?

My only hint is to open a Case To Splunk Support.

Ciao and Happy Easter.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

state_larson_ti
Path Finder

Actually a little more searching and I found the answer here (https://community.splunk.com/t5/Knowledge-Management/How-to-fix-misleading-quot-What-to-search-quot-...). I also on my experimental/learning box (latest version) had enabled (under Settings -> Roles -> Admin -> Indexes) the * (All non-internal indexes) and the _* (All internal indexes) to be default and this immediately allowed data summary to work and see all the indexes.  I can see how, by default, you might not want to have this enabled for the admin account.

I think in courses you do, they may enable this by default for your accounts on non-internal indexes to make it easier for you to configure things, so I had not had to configure it myself.

0 Karma

state_larson_ti
Path Finder

Good Day.  I was curious if you had ever found an answer here.  I noticed the same thing, logged in about 3 days later, and the data had been populated (but not for the data I had put in the day before.  I assume there is a search that populates this data, but it only runs maybe 1/x per day or week.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...