Splunk Search

Why does appending an accelerated saved search not use acceleration?

twinspop
Influencer

2 searches to illustrate:

| noop | stats count | append [ savedsearch my_accel_search ]

| savedsearch my_accel_search | append [ noop | stats count ]

The second runs in less than 20% of the time. Also of interest, the 2nd case has lots of notices about using summary search info in the job inspector. The first does not.

No, this isn't my actual use case. But it illustrates the problem I'm having using a saved search in a dashboard. It makes the acceleration useless because it takes so long to run.

Edit: The report acceleration summaries page does not increment the count in the case of search 1. Search 2 does. Based on the evidence, I'm thinking acceleration doesn't play with subsearches, joins or appends. Expected?

0 Karma
1 Solution

twinspop
Influencer
0 Karma

twinspop
Influencer

Appears to be a bug, or maybe "by design". Previously reported here:

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/170424/when-i-try-to-use-an-accelerated-report-with-a-joi.html

0 Karma

twinspop
Influencer
0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's better practice to link to the old post rather than re-animating it with a comment.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...