Splunk Search

Why can't I see preliminary search results when using associate command?

TAE
Engager

In my SPL I use the associate command.  However, I've noticed that when I use the command, any previous preliminary search results before the associate command are not available for use after the command. 

Why is that and how can I save earlier search results until after the associate command for use?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The only method I can think of is to save the results prior to the associate command in a lookup table and then read them in later.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

TAE
Engager

Yep.  I tried that with in inputcsv and outputcsv.  Something was wrong not sure what, still investigating.  Trying to use tokens on the dashboard currently to hold the intermediate results, that may do what I need.

Still working that potential soln.

0 Karma

TAE
Engager

Yes, I believe so as well.  Can you think of a way to get at my preliminary search results given that I may have a transformative command in the mix?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The only method I can think of is to save the results prior to the associate command in a lookup table and then read them in later.

---
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Although not documented as such, I would consider associate to be a transforming command because of the behavior you describe.  The command produces a specific set of output fields for each field processed.  All other fields are discarded.

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...