Splunk Search

Why am I yielding an error with Where Statement for exact numeric value?

blablabla
Path Finder

Hello,

I am experiencing an interesting Issue. I am trying to filter for a specific value in a numeric field. Following statement works finde:

index="IndexA" 
| eval A.distance=trim('A.distance',"'") 
| eval A.distance='A.distance'/100 
| search A.distance=1

If I am trying to replace the search with a where, I am getting the Error "Error in 'where' command: Type checking failed. The '==' operator received different types."

index="IndexA" 
| eval A.distance=trim('A.distance',"'") 
| eval A.distance='A.distance'/100 
| where A.distance=1

Event Coverage if this value is 100% and all the values get for typeof() the result "Number". All of the values do not have a digit after the comma. We are using Splunk Enterprise 8.2.3.3 . Does someone know, why the where statement is yielding an error in this case?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try not to have special characters in field names - if you want to continue with them, put the field name in single quotes

| where 'A.distance'=1

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try not to have special characters in field names - if you want to continue with them, put the field name in single quotes

| where 'A.distance'=1
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...