Splunk Search

Why SPL syntax highlighting not working correctly?

Hoekb03
Explorer

Hi,

I've created this rather complicated piece of SPL. To make it a bit more understandable I added some comment lines. In the screenshot you can see the SPL syntax highlighting stops working correctly from line #20. The strange thing is that when I remove line 20 all together it works fine, and there are more comment lines further on. Whatever comment I put on that position causes this behaviour. 

Hoekb03_2-1658741735482.png

Line removed, it works fine:

Hoekb03_3-1658742001878.png

Comment ```test comment``` breaks the thing down again. 

Hoekb03_4-1658742080743.png

It's just a minor cosmetic thing, but I'd like to know what's happening here and why. We're using splunk Enterprise 8.1.10.1 on my site. Any thoughts appreciated!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi @Hoekb03 ... I am using Splunk 8.2.5 and its SPL highlighting working fine even after 20 lines. Are you using older versions ah?!?!

Splunk 8.2.5.png

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi @Hoekb03 ... I am using Splunk 8.2.5 and its SPL highlighting working fine even after 20 lines. Are you using older versions ah?!?!

Splunk 8.2.5.png

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Hoekb03
Explorer

It's not that highlighting stops after 20 lines, in my case there are comment lines after line 20, when I remove the line on 20 the rest works fine. Syntax auto fill also stops working in my example I just noted. I tried it at home where I use 9.0 with no problem at all. I'll just wait for a new version @ the office.  I'll accept your answer for now.

0 Karma

Hoekb03
Explorer

My query doesn't do the trick btw, still curious about the cause of the highlighting not working.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...